1. In 2020, the gross annual revenue for mobile applications is expected to be at $44.8 billion, and the number of smartphone users should be up to 6.1 billion users.
2. 79% of companies in the US reported that a mobile app has contributed to their success.
3. In 2017, mobile application downloads are expected to reach 268.69 billion.
4. In June 2016, there were 2 million mobile apps available to download on Apple’s App Store, and 2.2 million on Google Play.
5. Users spend 18 times more time in-app than on a mobile website. Mobile app users are much more loyal.
6. From 2010 – 2020, the growth of employment in the mobile app development industry is expected to increase by 57.4%.
7. 54% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
8. The spend on advertising in mobile applications is expected to hit $18 billion by 2018.
If these statistics taught you anything, we hope it showed how important mobile is. If your business doesn’t already have a mobile app, you should probably build one, or at least make sure that everything in your business is optimized for mobile.
Now, what is stopping you from partnering with a mobile app development agency to increase your user engagement and start generating more revenue for your business? Get started with Codal today.
Sources: Solutionsreview.com, statista.com, marketingland.com