8 Mobile Application Development Stats That Will Probably Surprise You
Jenna EricksonNovember 16th, 20164 minute read
Jenna is the Marketing Manager at Codal, blogger, and technology + startup enthusiast. With a responsibility of Codal's marketing programs and brand management, she is always strategizing new ways to reach clients through content and inbound marketing tactics. In her free time, Jenna enjoys traveling, cooking and reading.
In 2020, the gross annual revenue for mobile applications is expected to be at $44.8 billion, and the number of smartphone users should be up to 6.1 billion users.
1. 79% of companies in the US reported that a mobile app has contributed to their success.
2. In 2017, mobile application downloads are expected to reach 268.69 billion.
3. In June 2016, there were 2 million mobile apps available to download on Apple's App Store, and 2.2 million on Google Play.
4. Users spend 18 times more time in-app than on a mobile website. Mobile app users are much more loyal.
5. From 2010 - 2020, the growth of employment in the mobile app development industry is expected to increase by 57.4%.
6. 54% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
7. The spend on advertising in mobile applications is expected to hit $18 billion by 2018.
8. The cost to build an app may be high, but the return on investment is much higher. Don't hesitate to start building an app for your business today.
If these statistics taught you anything, we hope it showed how important mobile is. If your business doesn't already have a mobile app, you should probably build one, or at least make sure that everything in your business is optimized for mobile.
Now, what is stopping you from partnering with a mobile app development agency to increase your user engagement and start generating more revenue for your business? Get started with Codal today.
Sources: Solutionsreview.com, statista.com, marketingland.com